Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Years Eve 2011

It is finally time to wrap up 2011 with a post about New Years Eve. In all honesty the night was a bit of a bust. I think it is the first time in my adult life that I did not stay up until midnight. Jeremy was sick and went to bed at 9pm. I watched a movie with my parents and made it until 11pm, but was out for the count well before midnight.

The highlight of the day actually came much earlier. Before Jeremy got sick, Jeremy, Merrick, and I piled into Ben and Becca's van and drove up to the mountian to go sleding.

The trip started out a little slowly with traffic, all the kids saying they were cold, and finding a good hill to sled down, but eventually it all came together. We made it through the traffic, we found a good hill, and when the kids got into sledding, they forgot all about being cold.

We played for a few hours and were all exhausted by the time we got home. Although the night ended up mostly being a bust, the fun of the day more than made up for it.







No comments:

Post a Comment