Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas 2011

I have been such a slacker lately with the blog, but now that it is actually 2012 it is time for me to wrap up my blog posts for 2011. Lets start with Christmas:

Christmas 2011 in the Clifford household was a memorable one. I was so excited leading up to Christmas. I feel like this is the first year that Merrick really understands what is going on and was really into all the holiday traditions. He loved going to see Christmas lights, listening to/singing Christmas music, and talking about Santa. Just don't ask him to sit on Santa's lap because he will tell you that he is too big to do that.



This year Jeremy and I had really carefully picked Merrick's presents and I knew it was going to be a great year for him and that he would be really excited and surprised with his presents. As predicted, the big winner of the presents was his Buzz Lightyear bike and t-Rex helmet. I love watching my two-year-old ride his 16 inch bike (meant for 5-8-year-olds) like a pro. He is just getting so big!





Since it was Sunday it was also really nice to take some time out of our day to go to church, feel the Spirit, and reflect on the true meaning of the holiday.

We were so grateful to spend the day with some family, but missed those that were not nearby. Technology has been such a blessing in our lives though as were with able to feel connected with those far away via skype and cell phones. Grandpa and Lollie were able to watch Merrick open his presents and we were able to talk to Jeremy's brother Bryce (if only for a few minutes).

Christmas 2011 was a great one and will not soon be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment