Sunday, January 15, 2012

Change in 2012

So this is my first official 2012 post. I love starting each new year. It is a fresh start and a new beginning. It is fitting, therefore, that on this day that I am blogging about starting new, it snowed. I don't think anything symbolizes a fresh start quite like freshly fallen snow. I just can't resist posting a picture of Merrick playing in the backyard this morning. My favorite part about it was that he kept calling the snow "interesting" over and over.
I think that "interesting" is a good word to describe the few short weeks we have had of 2012 thus far. There is the old expression that the only thing that is constant is change. That is how I feel lately.

We just got in the groove of having Jeremy home and he is back at school with new classes and a new schedule. He picked up an extra class and is now full time and we are trying to get a routine down to make it all work. To top it all off, he is already trying to figure out work/classes/clinics for this summer.

I have started a new job. I am working with a baby sleep coach to develop an online program to help families with sleep training. I am going to be managing the social media aspect of the business as well as helping with current client emails and eventually I will become trained to be a baby sleep coach as well. It is really exciting, but a little overwhelming since I am still watching Ben and Becca's boys 10+ hours a day. I wouldn't be able to do it without the help of my mom and Jeremy.

As for Merrick, he changes by the moment, second, blink. He learns things so quickly it is hard for me to keep up. One thing he is getting down, which I am extremely grateful for, is potty training. I don't even remember the last time he had an accident during waking hours.

I am thrilled to be starting 2012 with a nearly potty trained little boy. I don't know what 2012 will bring, but if the first few weeks are any indication, it will be anything but dull.

No comments:

Post a Comment