Sunday, September 4, 2011

Labor Day in Paradise

I feel like since the foundation of my blog the blog theme has always been how awesome my baby is. Over the last few weeks I have felt the theme has shifted to how awesome my baby is and how awesome the place we live is. If you don't like it I am sure it will shift again someday, but for right now I feel like I am living in paradise and I can't help talking about it. Let me just give you an example of our weekend so you will know what I am talking about.

Friday we ate lunch outside in beautiful 70 degree weather and later in the afternoon went to the park. I was sad when we left Arizona because we had a great park right down the street, but this is the park we now have right across the street.


We had a great time there as a family before Jeremy had to go to class on Friday night.





On Saturday most of my family went out to a campground where Ben and Becca's family was staying, but Jeremy and I decided to take Merrick just down the road to the river beach


We went and explored down by the river and Merrick like chasing the ducks. I was shocked that they let him get as close as they did. After we had spent some time down by the water, we walked along a trail that overlooked the water. It was beautiful and perfect in every way.





Today, we went blackberry picking. I am kicking myself for not bring the camera, but it is amazing that without even leaving my parent's subdivision we could pick blackberries to our hearts content.

It has already been such a fun weekend and the fun will just continue tomorrow when my baby turns two and we have a party to celebrate. Check back in a few days for an update on all the birthday festivities...I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment