Monday, September 26, 2011

The Dark Side

I had planned on blogging after Merrick went to bed tonight and I had already planned what I was going to blog about, but tonight he was just so silly that I just can't resist blogging about it.

When Jeremy and I get overly tired we tend to get silly and things that should not be funny become hilarious. We refer to this as "crossing over to the dark side". The last few night I guess we have kept Merrick up a little to late because he has shown us that he too can cross over to the dark side, running around like a crazy man and jumping off of everything he can climb.

Tonight the silliness began at bath time and when the bath ended he was not ready to get out. I really needed to go get something from downstairs but could not convince him to get out of the tub. He sat in the bathtub as every last drop of water ran out. Once it was empty I finally convinced him to vacate the tub and put his towel on.

I ran down stairs as quickly as I could and returned to find out that he was not quite as ready to get out of the tub as I thought.

Eventually his lips turned blue and he agreed to get out of the tub, but that did not end the silliness. While I gathered his lotion, pj's and diaper he took that opportunity climb naked into his toy box (I took a picture of that as well, but unfortunately caught his manhood in the picture and could not figure out how to crop it).

His craziness definitely slowed the process down, but in the end he made it to bed. It is interesting when you see your characteristics passed down to your children, even something so small and insignificant as getting silly/crazy/slap-happy when overtired.

No comments:

Post a Comment