Friday, August 12, 2011

Adventures in Food Part II

Ok so I know that I have done at least one post in the past about how much Merrick loves to eat, but I think it is time for an update. The day before we left for Oregon my sister weighed Merrick and her son Kai (who is 11 months older than Merrick). Merrick weighed 28 lbs and Kai weighed 31. Since coming to Oregon, Merrick thinks it is so fun to hop onto Nana's scale and weigh himself everyday. He has been hovering somewhere between 28 and 30 lbs, but that seems especially crazy when I think about the fact that both of my 4-year-old nephews weigh in the mid 30s.

Don't get me wrong, Merrick is not chunky at all. He is just really tall, solid, and loves to eat. For the most part he is also a really healthy eater. I think he is the only almost 2-year-old in the world who has been talked into eating his meat at dinner with the offer that if he ate his meat he could have some more broccoli.

On the other hand, he also has never been known to turn down a sweet. Over the past two weeks we have had a couple of chances to splurge on some yummy treats. Merrick has been so cute with them we could not resist taking some pictures.

These are from last weekend and our visit to "Heavenly Doughnuts"





And these are from our trip to McDonald's for ice cream after a particularly hard day last week




I have had lots of experiences with a picky eater since we got to Oregon so whether it is broccoli or ice cream I am just really grateful that he eats.

No comments:

Post a Comment