Saturday, August 6, 2011

6 and Counting

Yesterday Jeremy and I celebrated our 6th anniversary. We started the day with a shopping trip at the local outlet mall. As we drove we talked about how quickly the last six years have flown by and it truly does feel like it has passed in the blink of an eye.

In the evening my mom and dad (when he was not at the hospital with a friend) were kind enough to stay with Merrick so that Jeremy and I could go out on a date. We went to downtown Lake Oswego for dinner. We stopped at several fancy restaurants before ending up at The Tillamook Creamery. I had halibut and chips and Jeremy had a bacon cheeseburger and we shared some ice cream. We laughed about how even on our anniversary that kind of place was more our speed than a fancy restaurant.

After dinner we did venture out of our typical routine and went to a play at The Lakewood Theater in Lake Oswego. We saw "Boeing Boeing" and it was hilarious.

The first six years of our marriage have been relatively calm. We had our struggles in getting pregnant with Merrick, but for the most part life has been smooth sailing. The next few years however are going to be an adventure. We have done the school thing as a couple before, but never like this. We have all our eggs in this basket and life is going to be different than it has ever been. I take comfort, however, in the fact that I get to tackle this adventure with my best friend. In all honesty I can't wait to see what the future holds for Jeremy and I as a couple and for our whole family.

No comments:

Post a Comment