Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Splish, Splash

Despite the hiatus we are having today, summer is upon us. As most of you know, in Arizona that means that if you go outside you will die of heat stroke within minutes and if you dare touch anything (a door handle, a steering wheel, a seat belt, etc.) you will promptly receive third-degree burns. If you can't tell, summer is not my favorite part of living in Arizona. I complain a lot...just ask Jeremy.

Whether I like it or not though, we are here for one more lovely AZ summer. Somehow we have to find a way to make the best of it. In that spirit, we decided we needed to buy Merrick a little swimming pool for the backyard. I know that even that won't be enough for the worst summer days, but it will buy us a little more backyard time.

Yesterday I decided it was as good a time as any to bust out the new pool. Merrick was as excited as could be and climbed right in. He liked holding the hose and filling up the "bathtub".




After the pool was full, we decided to have even more fun by putting Merrick's slide in the water. He was a little unsure about that at first, but quickly decided that he liked it.




I think Merrick is going to turn out to be a fishy just like his daddy and hopefully having the pool will help us make it through the summer because I know today's beautiful weather won't last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment