Thursday, May 5, 2011

Decision?

After months of wondering, questioning, and praying, we maybe, hopefully, possibly have made a decision about law school. However, even as I type this I am not quite as sure about this decision as I should be. We thought we had made a decision weeks ago and then last week Jeremy got accepted to both of the schools we had been waitlisted at and offered a huge scholarship at one. Just like that our decision went out the window and we started the process all over again.

That being said, as I said before, I think we have finally made a decision for real this time. On Sunday, in addition to fasting and prayer, we made a pros vs. cons list and the answer seemed to jump off the page. We have decided that Lewis and Clark is the best school for Jeremy and for our family. It is the best ranked of all the schools we applied to, it is right around the corner from my parent's house, and it will allow us the most time together as a family and the most family support.

At the end of the day the only con of Lewis and Clark is the cost. Of all the schools we applied to it is the only one that did not offer us a scholarship. The thought of walking away from so much scholarship money frequently causes me to waiver in my decision, but each and every time I pray it is confirmed to me that this is the right choice. Now it is just up to me to have faith that if this is the right choice, we will find a way to pay for it and in the meantime it is a relief to have the decision made.

1 comment:

  1. how can I like and dislike this comment so much at the same time?!?

    ReplyDelete