Thursday, March 10, 2011

Transportation Day

Last week my sister Becca came into town with her husband and two boys. All together we had Quincy(4), Colvin(3), Kai(2), and Merrick(18 mo)and when we all get together the fun and volume definitely increase. Becca and I tried to take all four boys to the swap meet and to lunch and discovered that in some situations adults should not be out numbered 2:1. The week was definitely crazy, but for the most part it was the fun kind of crazy.

In my opinion, far and away the most fun we had was taking all four boys to a local preschool for Transportation Day. It was on Saturday so Emily was able to come with us and we invited my cousin, Anja, and her three kids as well. The school had brought in all types of vehicles for the kids to climb on and explore. There were helicopters, motorcycles, police cars, ambulances, tractors, race cars, a garbage truck, a UPS truck, a city bus, and probably others that I am forgetting. This activity was right up all the kids allies and they all had a blast. To make the experience even better it really was not very busy and the kids never had to wait for more than 1 or 2 kids to have their turn.

One of Merrick's favorites was the ambulance. He liked siting in the driver's seat and walking around in the back. I drew the line when he tried to climb onto the stretcher. I was not quite sure I could handle seeing that.




Early on I was designated the offical photographer and I have so many good pictures I am not really sure how to choose which to put on here, but these are a few of my favorite cousin pictures.








and my favorites of Merrick


No comments:

Post a Comment