Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Great Play

The trouble with having a birthday close to Christmas is that when Christmas comes around there really is nothing that you need. This is particularly true when you just had your first birthday and were totally spoiled rotten. As a result of this, Jeremy and I were left scratching our heads about what to get Merrick this past Christmas.

As you know we did get him some toys, books, and clothes but what I really wanted to give him for Christmas was a year of fun experiences. As part of that we bought him some play classes at a place nearby called Great Play. Last week I took Merrick to his first class.

The class was everything I hoped for. Merrick was able to run, jump, climb, and swing. They had some short structured circle times, some circuits, and lots of free play. The activities focused on gross motor, sensory, and social development. Merrick left happy and tired and I left excited for our next class.



No comments:

Post a Comment