Friday, November 12, 2010

The Bitter with the Sweet

The interesting thing about blogging and something I have definitely noticed in some of the blogs I follow is the tendency to only talk about the good and sweep the bad under the rug. The problem with this is that we all have challenges, but you read these blogs and it appears that nothing hard, stressful, or frustrating ever happens. I also understand that for some people, including myself, blogging is a way to not only keep a record as time passes, but a way to focus on the good and be positive and grateful for one's blessings. It is a fine line to walk.

I was prepared today to specifically talk about some the challenges we have had in the last few month with Jeremy applying to law school and a few other things, but as I began typing and was listing out the negatives I thought of how ungrateful I was being in a month when it is particularly important to focus on being grateful. Instead, it suffices me to say that our life is not perfect and we have challenges, but we are also VERY blessed.

One last thing, you may have noticed that there are no pictures in this blog. That is because one of our more recent challenges is that our camera broke, but hopefully we will resolve that and be back up and running again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment