Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Lucky Duck


I don't know if it is because my first Mother's Day is just days away or because Merrick is 8 months old today, but I just can't help but think about how lucky I am. Each day I think I love Merrick more and more. I love to watch him learn new things and it seems like he learns something new everyday. Time is flying by and I want to treasure every second.

A few weeks ago Merrick pulled himself to stand for the first time. Now it is an everyday occurrence. Not only does he pull himself up, but he will walk along the ottoman and even occasionally make a dive for the couch. He is already taking risks, but the look on his face tells me that they are calculated risks. Even when he is being a daredevil, he is smart about it.

I feel like the journey to get here was a long one, but worth the wait. Yes I am tired, I don't get enough sleep, or any time to my self, but I am so lucky. I love my little family more than I can express.

And now Merrick is waking up from his nap...duty calls.

2 comments:

  1. omgosh...that is the cutest pic EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love those hooded towels? I have a picture just like that of Leo when he was about the same age as Merrick. So cute!

    ReplyDelete