Thursday, May 20, 2010

Catch Me If You Can

Over the last few days Merrick's crawling has gotten a lot faster. He is able to get across a room and over to Lola's food and water dishes in half a second. He is also pulling himself up to stand on anything and everything that comes within his reach. He is fast and curious and that means one tired momma by the end of the day.

Yesterday afternoon after a long day of chasing Merrick around the house and seeing that he was much more interested in things he should not get than in the toys he had out, I decided to open the doors to the one of the toy cupboards and let him have at it. For the next several minutes I sat and watched as he pulled out each toy one by one. While he did play with a few of the toys as they came out, the game definitely centered around pulling the toys out.

By the time Jeremy got home from work it looked like a baby bomb had gone off, but I am okay with that. I won't hold my breath, but maybe one day the game will be to put toys into the cupboard.

These pictures came as the cupboard was about empty. I love that he decided to crawl in for the ball that he could not reach.


No comments:

Post a Comment