Sunday, February 4, 2024

Life

 I saw a meme the other day that said "Whew, January was a long year, but we made it through".  That pretty much sums up my feelings about January and I'm afraid February is going to be even worse.  It feels like we just got back from a basketball trip in Arizona and now Jeremy and Merrick are off at a basketball trip in L.A.  I also, just yesterday, booked our trip to Bend for basketball in just a few weeks.


If it was only just basketball making our life crazy, that would be one thing, but that is just the tip of the iceberg, unfortunately.  A few weeks ago, we got word that while Merrick's surgery was successful at resolving his PVCs, he is now having a different type of irregular beats, originating from the upper chamber of his heart, called SVTs.  These irregular beats have been more erratic and causing a lot of anxiety for Merrick.

After discussion with the cardiologist, Merrick has, yet another, ablation scheduled for February 21st.  In the meantime, he has started medication as a bridge to control symptoms until we have the ablation.  To say that Merrick's heart journey has been a wild ride would be the understatement of the century. We would, once again, ask for your faith and prayers on his behalf.

I look ahead to February with a lot of anxiety.  We have all the normal stressors, plus Valentines Day, Elsie's birthday, Merrick's surgery, Merrick's currently scheduled to get braces (we may end up postponing this), and, just because life is terrible sometimes, I have jury duty.  Can someone please just wake me up when February is done?

Back to present day, the girls and I stayed behind from L.A. so that Carrigan could participate in Honors Choir.  They had a performance yesterday.  I was so proud of her, and the group as a whole.  They worked really hard and sounded AMAZING.  She is now really looking forward to middle school choir.  I just wish all future choir performances could be as good as this was.




Elsie has also been a busy girl with birthday parties almost every weekend and sometimes two in a weekend.  I usually don't end up getting many pictures from these parties, but last weekend's farm party was a rare exception.






I think that just about catches us up.  Assuming I make it, see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment