Sunday, February 18, 2024

2024 Day of Love

This week was Valentine's Day.  This is always one of my favorite holidays to celebrate with my family.  I love all the pink, I love the heart shaped foods, I love the "love hunt" scavenger hunt tradition we have.  All around it's a great day.

Elsie started us off feeling the love with a special V-day themed sidewalk chalk drawing.  She got a little assist from Carrigan in drawing the hearts, but she colored them in and wrote the rest of the words herself.  She was pretty proud of her accomplishments and want her picture taken with her work.

As I mentioned, one of my favorite parts of Valentine's Day is the themed food, it always comes back to the food for me.  This year, we have had a lot on our plate and I didn't really plan a special breakfast.  I got up to start working bright and early like I always do and I had the idea to make heart shaped breakfast cookies.  I was able to pull it off in time before the girls had to leave for school.  They were a hit.

Dinner also had a heart-shaped component with heart-shaped homemade soft pretzels.  Soft pretzels are a favorite around here and are often requested for holidays and special occasions.  I was happy to accommodate with a Valentine's Day version.

As for the love hunt, it was a good one this year.  As the kids are getting older, I tried to make the clues more challenging so they would have to put some thought into them.  The funny thing was that I routinely stumped the older two, and it was Elsie who figured out the clues each time.  It had Jeremy and I both cracking up.  In the end Merrick got an AirPods  case, Carrigan got a dice game call Left, Center, Right, and Elsie got a Barbie crafting car.




All in all, Valentine's Day was another memorable one.  Maybe someday Jeremy and I will actually get a chance to go out on a date and celebrate too.

No comments:

Post a Comment