Sunday, September 17, 2023

Sports!

 This week (and actually last week too), we are back into the swing of sports.  This year, for the first time ever, we have three kids in three different sports and it is not easy.  Merrick is playing basketball, Carrigan is playing volleyball, and Elsie is playing soccer.  Somehow, last weekend, we managed for both Jeremy and I to make it to both Elsie's first soccer game and Carrigan's first volleyball game.  This weekend Merrick had games too and we weren't so lucky and had to divide and concur.  I took the girls to their games and Jeremy took Merrick to his games.  Oh, one other thing, Mer isn't officially on a team this fall, we are just piecing together practice with a few other kids and joining other teams for games.  This weekend he ended up in a Gresham jersey.  I am trying my best to keep my lunch down.










Also this week, I started a new chapter in my life.  I was approved this week to start subbing in our school district.  On Friday, I had my first job, teaching second grade.  It was fun and exhausting.  The kids were super sweet though and showered me with gifts they made me throughout the day.  Here is a pic of most of my gifts (I forgot I had one tied to my lanyard).  Next week, so far, I am scheduled at the middle school.  I am not anticipating as many gifts from them.


No comments:

Post a Comment