Sunday, April 23, 2023

Updates

 It has been a long, busy day to end a long, busy week.  We had a tournament in Vancouver this weekend and after church, headed up there.  As I still have loads of laundry waiting for me to fold before I get to go to bed tonight, I will keep this short and sweet and thankfully Jeremy is getting the laundry party started.

The week started with a choir concert for Carrigan.  She was a little nervous since this was really her first concert post covid.  We assured her that nobody would be looking at her as they would all be looking at their own children.  Also, lucky for her, she is tall so she could hide in the back.  She did great and bonus, the concert was only 15 minutes long.  


The middle of the week was extremely busy with work, school, practices, enrichment activities, church activities, and meetings.  I tried all week to make it over to help my parent with some yard work as they are trying to prep their yard for a new fence next week.  I finally made it over on Friday and Elsie came along to be my big helper.  She actually was a big helper, pulling weeds and moving dirt.  Eventually though she decided she was over it and just wanted to supervise while wearing my sweatshirt and eating peanuts.


Also on Friday, I had my first enrichment class I am teaching at CC's school.  It's a running club and I am teaching it with one other mom.  We have 26 kids we are responsible for from k-5 and it's a fun, but busy and stressful time.  The class will last for the next 6 weeks.

Finally, the week ended with our tournament in Vancouver.  Yesterday we went 1-1 which kicked us into the silver bracket, but today we won both our games to win the silver bracket.  Merrick had a pretty good day.  In the first game he hit an in the park home run.  He was the first person on his team to do that this season.  In the second game he pitched two innings and had two successful plays at the plate to hold the runs to just 1 over the two innings.  Unfortunately, at one of the plays at
 the plate, he reinjured the ankle he had hurt earlier in the week and was mostly out the rest of the game.  He tried to come back out the third inning to pitch but it wasn't going well so he only faced two batters.  With the exception of his at bats, which he had some great hits at, he sat the rest of the game.  Like I said, we eeked out at win to win the tournament.


CC kept herself busy drawing pictures on my phone during the games.  She is quite the little iPhone artist.  She will have a lot of time this season to perfect her skills.



No comments:

Post a Comment