Monday, April 17, 2023

Rain, Rain Go Away!

Living in the PNW I am sure I have used this title a time or two before, but boys is it fitting!  I am getting real sick of all this rain and, judging by the comments of those around me, I don't think I am alone in this.  I feels like Spring is never going to arrive and I have given up.  This week I found myself rearranging my schedule for the kids to play at the park if there was any chance for decent weather.  We did manage to make it to the park a couple times (despite getting rained out almost every time we tried) and were able to couple one of those park days with a trip to the bookfair that was happening this week.




As for Merrick, we have had two weekends off of baseball.  We were scheduled for three weekday scrimmages, but two of the three were cancelled due to rain.  This weekend we finally made it back out to the diamond, with a tournament in Salem.  We played two games yesterday and won them both.  Merrick pitched the second game, the tougher of the two.  He was disappointed with his performance as he walked more batters than he typically does and just wasn't finding his usual zone, but we pulled off a 6-5 win over a really good team.

Today we were excited to get out there and finish off the tournament, but unfortunately the rain had different plans.  We drove all the way to Salem just to have the games called as we were pulling into the parking lot.  So, I tried to make the best of the situation and drove Merrick (and my nephew, Jason) down the road to church in our full baseball getup.  Hopefully we will be able to make the tournament up at another time down the road.  We are anxious to finish what we started.

These pictures came from yesterday, when we had good weather.  I leave you to see in you can spot Merrick.  It might be tricky, he really blends in.



No comments:

Post a Comment