Sunday, November 13, 2022

Gearing Up

This week has felt a little like the calm before the storm.  The next several weeks are going to be unbelievably busy with Jeremy's birthday, thanksgiving, baseball and basketball in full swing, and trying to get ready to go to Arizona, and then Christmas.  This week I have been been trying to get ahead of a few things before I get steamrolled by life.  On Wednesday, Elsie had a playdate from the time preschool got out until until late in the afternoon.  Because she was happily occupied, I was able to get a lot done.  I had to prepare a lesson for church today and get working on some Christmas presents that I am making.  Maybe I need to plan some more playdates for her because it was tremendously helpful.

On Friday, after pizza and half of our family movie night, the boys took off and went to the high school football game (our nephew, Kalani, has been moved up from the freshman team to the varsity team for playoffs).   While they were gone, Elsie finished the movie and Carrigan and I got crafty.  She has been asking me to let her try needle felting ever since I got into it.  I finally gave in and she made her first needle felting project, a heart with a flower in it.  I made a butterfly, per Elsie's request and an owl.  I have decided to start turning my felting projects into ornaments.




Also, yesterday was Merrick's last football game of the season.  We had to drive 45 mins to play a team that we should not have been playing.  Their star player had been out the entire season which it why they made our playoff bracket, but he was back yesterday.  On the other hand, our star player was injured yesterday.  Not only that, but with the kids we were down due to absence and injury, by the end of the game we were down to 14 players.  Needless to say, we got crushed.  Oh well, life goes on.  Baseball and basketball practices start this week and our first basketball tournament is this next weekend.  Off we go!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment