Sunday, April 17, 2022

April Snow Brings May ?

 Whew! What a week this has been! As I looked back over pictures from this week I kept thinking "Wow! That was just this week?!?!"  I guess it has been a long one.

The rollercoaster of a week started Monday when we woke up to 2 plus inches of snow.  It started as a two hour delay for school but it soon turned into a snow day...IN APRIL!  How does that even happen?!?! Surprisingly the kids didn't really want to play in it, which I was ok with because I already put the snow clothes away in the attic, you know because it's April.  They still enjoyed the bonus day off, until they have to make it up in June.



On Thursday we started our Easter festivities with an Easter egg hunt with Elsie's preschool friends.  It was still cold but not a terrible day for a hunt.  At least the rain stayed away for the most part.





Friday morning, Elsie woke up not feeling well.  I feel like she has been sick for every holiday since Thanksgiving.  She has a nasty cough and runny nose.  It's not Covid, but she hasn't felt well regardless.


Despite not feeling well, we still tried to participate in Easter festivities.  Saturday we went to our church Easter egg hunt and to the city's Hop Into Spring event that had crafts and a scavenger hunt.

Today we started the day with a visit from the Easter Bunny.  That silly bunny hid our baskets way up on the beam shelf in the family room.  I guess he has some serious hops.









After baskets and breakfast we got ready for church and almost made it out the door when I decided Elsie was just not well enough to go.  Instead she and I watched church on zoom while the rest of the family went.

We had planned for the family to all come for dinner and so, despite Elsie not feeling well, everyone still came for dinner and an egg hunt.  I think the little kids where excited for the egg hunt, but I think the big kids enjoyed playing basketball more.





It was a pretty good, if not crazy long, week and good Easter.  Happy Easter to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment