Sunday, November 21, 2021

New Life- Week 86 (Jeremy's Birthday)

 This week was a mixed bag for sure. Let's start with the good. As the title says, this week was Jeremy's birthday.  We had a fun day on Tuesday celebrating him.  We had special meals and presents and celebrated him as much as we could on a day with school and work and practice.  My favorite were the gifts the kids gave him.  Merrick gave him all the Reese's he could find in his Halloween bag.  Carrigan gave a picture she drew of him.  Elsie gave him two gifts.  One was a picture she had colored in preschool.  The other was a bunch of twisty ties she found in the gift wrap box.  She seems to have a gift for present giving.





The rest of the week had many bumps in the road.  On Wednesday I had a big activity I was in charge of.  Right as I prepared to walk out the the door, Jeremy came in and said that the water heater was leaking and there was water all over the garage.  The rest of the week has been a mess of dealing with water, dealing with repair men and with the home warranty company.  Not only that but it has made a week full with boiling water for baths and to wash dishes and going to Nana and Papa's for showers.  In a world where our schedule is always tight, I feel like it has made us always behind schedule and late for bed.  Thankfully we don't have school next week because we have almost a week and a half left until our hot water heater actually gets replaced.  It's going to be a long week and a half.

We are looking forward to Thanksgiving this week.  Lets just hope I can get everything I need to made and cleaned up without hot water.  I promise when this is done I will never take hot water for granted again!

Oh! I also forgot, Carrigan got her first Covid vaccine yesterday.  We are half way to having all the kids fully vaccinated!


No comments:

Post a Comment