Sunday, May 2, 2021

New Life- Week 58 (Extreme Risk)

 This week our county moved back into the "Extreme Risk" category for Covid 19 and I couldn't be more annoyed or baffled.  We (those of us in Oregon) have had one of the most extreme shut downs in the country and yet our numbers are still climbing.  Honestly, I am so over it!  In many ways I feel like we are moving back to a more normal life despite our local government telling us we can't.

Exhibit A: I went shopping more this last week than I have in a long time!  We got a new bed and I needed new sheet and a new comforter.  We also had to get things for Carrigan's upcoming birthday and baptism.  Since I am fully vaccinated, it isn't really a huge deal for me to do shopping, but I haven't done it a lot because I am not ready to take my kids out and about to stores.


Exhibit B:  Sports!  Sports are back!!!!  I know I have already mentioned it, but Carrigan is playing lacrosse and Merrick is playing baseball.  Merrick had his first game this past week.  He is mainly playing first base and pitcher, with a little outfield sprinkled in.  He is doing a great job.  The biggest change I have noticed this year is his confidence.  Especially at the mound, he seems focused and relaxed.  It's so nice to see.



Exhibit C: Family.  For several months at the the beginning of the pandemic we didn't see our family.  Now, thankfully, many of us are vaccinated and we are able to get together more easily without fear.  The family got together on Friday for dinner at Emily and Tala's and much of the family has come out to the baseball games (Merrick, Jason, and Kai are all on the same team).  This coming week we will be gathering (with the Clifford side too) for more baseball, Carrigan's birthday, and her baptism.  Also, yesterday the girls all had a girls' night at Emily's and Carrigan got a big birthday haircut.  No reveal pictures today, you will have to wait until next week for those, but she cut off about 6 inches and she looks adorable.


So, as you can see, despite the "extreme risk" we are a still living life and doing the things most important.  One day this will all be behind us...one day...

No comments:

Post a Comment