Sunday, August 2, 2020

New Life- Weeks 19 and 20 (Exhausted)

Sorry for the lack of blog last week.  We were out of our house due to some work we were having done and getting the blog written just wasn't feasible.  I am back in the saddle now though, so let's get on with it.

The theme for the last two weeks has once again been projects on the house.  Selling our house has been a process to say the least.  We have had some major blows over the last few weeks as other houses in our neighborhood have sold for 50k more than ours was listed at and gone over asking price with multiple offers.  We decided we really didn't have much choice but to pull the house from the market again, do some more major upgrades and then go back on, priced accordingly.

So...last week we were out of our house while a new fence was being built and all trim and doors were being painted.  I had tried to start the trim on my own earlier in the week and it became really clear that it was not something I should be taking on and we thankfully called a professional.  In hindsight I am super glad we did.  I would still long be working on the trim and it wouldn't look nearly as great as it does.

This week we have spent all free moments working on smaller projects. We have moved furniture, cleaned and purged, replaced all plugs and switches, done tons or planting and sprucing up the yards, and staging.  I am so tired and so done.  We have a until Tuesday to finish wrapping everything up.  Tuesday we have new pictures taken (again) and we go back on the market on Thursday.  I am waiting to post any pictures until the new pictures get taken this week but I am really excited to share them.  Everyone has been commenting how it looks like a new house and it really does.  I am so excited.  It has to work out this time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment