Sunday, August 9, 2020

New Life-Week 21 (15 years and...painting)

This week Jeremy and I celebrated our 15th anniversary so you would think that the blog title should be 15 years and counting.  And yet the anniversary was such a small part of the week compared to our big project (painting the exterior of my parents' house) that I felt the title of this week's blog needed a little tweaking.

Like I said, Wednesday Jeremy and I celebrated 15 years!  Unfortunately our anniversary was corona'ed and we really didn't do anything to celebrate other than eat Salt and Straw after the kids went to bed.  Jeremy also tried to buy me flowers but even that was corona'ed when they looked so pretty on the outside but when we opened them up, discovered that they were completely rotting.  I refuse to see that as an omen for our 16th year.  Instead I choose to focus on the great life we have built together with our three beautiful kids.  When I look at them I can't help but feel optimistic about the future. 

The rest of this week was spent helping my parents paint the exterior of their house.  It has been a big project and pretty much everyone has pitched in to help.  We are about 95% done at this point, with just a little finishing work on the garage and the transformation has been spectacular.  Here is a little before and after action.


Also, as promised here are some new pictures of our house from when this listing went live this week.












No comments:

Post a Comment