Sunday, November 10, 2019

Em's Shower and Catching up

This week has been a whirlwind of crazy as we prepped for Emily's bridal shower and wedding (my mom is altering 5 dresses, including Emily's and we are helping any way we can).  In every spare moment I have been prepping shower games, making treats, shopping for supplies, unpicking dresses, removing lace, unpicking beading... It has been a busy week.  Friday finally rolled around and the shower was a big success.  Check one thing off the list.  Now we can focus our attention more fully on the dresses and flowers.



With all the craziness of late there are a few things I have neglected to get in here.  So here are a few random tidbits to get caught up.  One of Elsie's new favorite things is to be doing something and then stop and say "Mom, take a picture ."  I guess she is used to me having my camera in her face and now she is keeping me in check when I forget.

I am sure that nobody remembers but many years ago I made a book for Merrick of all his artwork from kindergarten and preschool so that we could get rid of the mounds of art but still have the memories.  A few weeks ago I finally got around to making one for Carrigan.  It came a week or so ago and I couldn't be happier with it.  She was so proud when her book came and she really wanted to sign it like a real author.  Unfortunately, she didn't know how to sign her name in cursive.  She asked me to help her and I showed her how to do it.  She practiced until she was prepared to sign.  I think she did a great job!


Last week we went to Emily and Tala's for dinner to celebrate Kalani's birthday.  Carrigan asked Emily to paint her nails and while she was working on the first hand, Tala decided to help with the other hand.  She has got that guy wrapped around her finger.

 
A few last funny things from the week...  One morning I was getting ready in my bathroom.  Merrick came in and said "Mom, can you smell the milk?  I think it's gone bad."

We have had some unusually beautiful weather this week and the kids have taken advantage by spending as much time outside as they can.  One day this week the kids were playing with the neighbors  and somehow got a soccer ball stuck in a tree.  They tried for an hour to get is down by throwing other balls at it.  This is a terrible picture, but at this point they managed to have two soccer balls, a football, and a basketball all stuck.  Eventually I got a ladder and broom and rescued ALL the balls.  I somehow feel like this is a right of passage of childhood.

I think that does it for today.  I'm sure by next week I will have a lot more craziness to share as we head into the final countdown to AZ and the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment