Sunday, May 26, 2019

Little Wins

If I am being honest, life has been a little rough lately.  It is the end of the school year which means that life it crazy busy and stressful.  On top of that we had an incident at preschool a few weeks ago that added a lot of worry and stress.  Plus, things aren't really going well with the house selling and there are serious and worrisome things going on in both sides of our extended family.

All that being said, I have been really trying to stay positive and that means looking for the good things in each day.  This week we had a few of those good moments.  We had school pictures taken and, since I don't have any of my own kids at the preschool for the first time in 7 years, I had my mom bring Elsie down so we could have our pictures taken together.  It was a highlight for sure.  Both older kids also had some good moments this week.  Carrigan got to stand up in front of the school and start morning meeting.  She also got new glasses this week after last ones got lost and then broken.  Merrick wrapped up his rec baseball season in the 2nd place spot and had a pizza party with his team to celebrate.  We have already started the summer tournament season with 10 hours of playing this weekend.  There is a LOT of baseball in our future.

As you can see, this week wasn't all bad.  It's hard to be too sad or discouraged for too long with these cute faces staring back at me everyday.  I sure do love them.




No comments:

Post a Comment