Saturday, December 1, 2018

O Christmas Tree (Again?)

I feel like I might of already used that title, but who can keep track anymore.  In any case, in the almost 9 years that I have been doing the blog, I think today is a first.  Traditionally I write on Sunday and occasionally it doesn't happen until Monday, but I think this is the first time ever that I am getting it done early (on Saturday).  Why, you ask?  Well, the holidays are officially upon us and I am feeling very overwhelmed so I am trying to check a few things off the "to do" list in hopes of alleviating some of the anxiety.

So...Today we went and got our Christmas tree.  I had been wondering if we should go somewhere new and I had seen a sign for a place that had $20 and $30 trees (a little cheaper than our usual place).  We checked it out this afternoon only to find that we were woefully unprepared for that place because they will give you a saw but that it is.  It is up to you to get it on your car and get it tied down.  We decided to pass this time.

After that adventure, we ended up going to our usual place.  We started looking at trees and decided to upgrade a little because the Douglas Fir that we usually get drops its needles really easily and, while still nice, isn't the prettiest tree out there.  We thought we were just upgrading a little, but when we went to check out it turns out we picked the most expensive kind of tree on the farm.  Ooops!  I was thinking we could maybe get a tree a little cheaper this year, but I guess that didn't happen.  Oh, and this is the first year we had them cut it down for us with the chainsaw, which was actually kind of nice.  Right now the tree is still soaking in the garage, but I will have to post pictures when we get it up because I am quite sure it will be the most beautiful tree we have ever had!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment