Sunday, November 4, 2018

Fall Is In the Air

One peak outside to the beautifully colored falling leaves and it is clear that Fall has arrived in the PNW.  I know our summers are amazing and I always rave about them, but I think that Fall might be my favorite season here.  I think it is because I never really got to experience Fall in Arizona.  There is just something seriously magical about the changing leaves and while the nights do start getting crisp, we usually still have some warm days mixed in.  Now add to that pumpkin patches, apple cider, and apple cider doughnuts and it truly doesn't get any better than that.

In the Clifford family we have done our fair share of Fall activities already this year.  Carrigan got to take a field trip to a pumpkin patch with her kindergarten class and Elsie and I got to tag along.  It was fun because since it was a school field trip it was a different patch experience.  We got to see baby animals, learn about different kinds of pumpkins, see how they make apple cider, and of course pick a pumpkin.



We also made it to a pumpkin patch as a family.  This was more of the traditional patch experience.  We did the cow train, a hayride, painted pumpkins, did the corn maze, shot paintball guns, slid down slides, and played in the hazelnut house.  Elsie spent the day strapped to my chest but I am sure by next year she will be right there with the other kids loving every minute.










Of course no Fall would be complete without Halloween.  We did Halloween big this year.  It all started with a Halloween Party for Merrick and most of the whole third grade.  A couple of moms from the school and I put it on and it was a huge success.  We played games and ate pizza but the clear winner of the night was the toilet paper fight.  We started with a mummy wrapping activity and then let the kids have a dance party in all the toilet paper.  The dance party kind of evolved into a toilet paper fight and even some of the parents (especially me) had to get in on the action.




Our next Halloween activity was a family affair. We were invited to our friend's church Halloween carnival and let me just say they know how to throw a party.  There were tons of games and inflatables and TONS of candy and prizes.


Eventually it was actually Halloween, but even then we couldn't just have one activity.  After school the kids and I went trick or treating to the businesses in old town West Linn.  Carrigan had an extra good time because we ran in to practically her whole soccer team and her current kindergarten crush.  Elsie enjoyed the afternoon in her stroller and eventually enjoyed it with her eyes closed.


As if that wasn't enough, that night we met up with a bunch of Merrick's friends for trick or treating in the neighborhood.  I tell you, I have never seen so many full-sized candy bars.




Now that Halloween is behind us it is full steam ahead to my favorite holiday, Thanksgiving.  See?  Fall it the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment