Sunday, September 30, 2018

Big Girls

One of the hardest parts of being a parent is that your kids grow up faster than you are ready for.  Elsie is changing everyday.  She isn't crawling yet, but that doesn't mean she isn't mobile.  This week I was laying on the ground next to her while she was playing with toys.  She started scooting herself and her toy further and further back and before I knew it she was across the room.  She has also started trying to walk herself out of a seated position on to her hands and knees.  It won't be too many more weeks before I have to report that she has started crawling.

Carrigan also had a big girl moment this week.  Everyday school starts with "Morning Meeting" and one of the kids always gets to ring the bell and welcome everyone by saying good morning and introducing themselves.  On Friday, Carrigan got her chance to do it.  I was so proud of her being so brave up in front of the whole school.


It seems like just yesterday that Merrick was learning to crawl.  Now it is nine years later and if I am not careful the kids will be grown before I even know what happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment