Sunday, April 22, 2018

Elsie's Blessing and Grandpa and Lollie Come to Visit

Last week I neglected my regular blog post because we were too busy creating incredibly special memories for our family, but I will do my best to recap now.  Two Fridays ago, in the wee hours of the morning, Grandpa and Lollie arrived into town. They came to meet Elsie and to take part in her baby blessing, which was scheduled for Saturday.  They were here just for the weekend and the weather was pretty crummy, but we were still able to squeeze in some fun.  We managed a trip to Dave and Busters, a little park time (when the weather cooperated), Merrick's first baseball game of the season, and a trip to the Tulip Festival.












All that fun though was just the icing on the cake for the real reason Grandpa and Lollie were here, which was to be a part of Elsie's baby blessing.  The blessing was originally scheduled for Saturday afternoon, but about an hour before the blessing I got a call from my mom that my nephew, Lincoln, had had a medical emergency and we may need to move the blessing.  It turns out that he had been licked in the face by a dog at the park and had a severe allergic reaction.  After some time at the ER and an epi-pen injection he was fine, but we did end up moving the blessing.

On Sunday afternoon we went for take two of Elsie's baby blessing.  Unfortunately, due to the change in time, several of the friends we invited were unable to come, but we still had the family there and that is what is important.  Jeremy blessed Elsie, giving her a name and blessing, with the help of his dad and mine.  There was a really sweet spirit in the room and I will mention two things that stuck out to me.  One, which is something that has been impressed upon Jeremy and I both several times since Elsie was born, was what a special spirit Elsie has and we are so fortunate to have her in our family.  The other was that she was told that her brother and sister would be a big help to her while she was little and one day she would be able to be a help to them as well.  I can't wait to see that blessing unfold.















I am so grateful for our sweet Elsie girl, I am grateful for the extended family who made it a priority to come and be part of her special day, and I am grateful to a husband who honors his priesthood and was able to administer such a special ordinance.  Sometimes my heart is so full it feels like it could explode.

No comments:

Post a Comment