Sunday, December 3, 2017

One Last Time

Last year for Christmas, Grandpa and Lollie gave us a membership to OMSI.  We have been countless times over the year and honestly I was starting to feel a little tired of it, so when the topic of this year's Christmas came up, I told them we would rather have a zoo membership this time.  Anyway, all of that to say that our days of being OMSI members are numbered.  I was feeling like before it was official, we should make one last visit so yesterday we made that happen.

There were a couple of new and different things this time than on past visits.  The traveling exhibit was all about optical illusions and there was another temporary exhibit, Gingerbread Adventures.  Both of these were favorites of the day.  Actually, I was surprised by how much fun we all had at each of the exhibits we went to.   I particularly liked going into the fetal development room and seeing just exactly how big baby sister is kicking around in my tummy.  Maybe we weren't as burned out on OMSI as I thought or maybe it was just a little bit nostalgic being the last visit.  I don't know, I just know we had fun and OSMI will be missed in the coming year.






After a long day at the museum, we came home and put the kids in the bath.  I was giving them a few minutes to play before I started to wash them and went to lay down.  Just then the phone rang and Jeremy came to tell me it was someone from church offering his season tickets to that night's Blazers game that started in 5 minutes.  As I laid in bed the prospect of heading back out didn't seem too inviting, but when I heard that the seats were in the 10th row, I decided it was worth it.  I called my parents and, like the angels they are, they agreed and came right over, and Jeremy and I headed to the game.  By the time we drove down there, parked and got to the stadium we missed the first half of the game, but the seats definitely still made it worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment