Sunday, October 22, 2017

Sarah's Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday.  It was one of those rare occasions when your birthday falls on a weekend and it feels like you can actually celebrate it more than you typically do.  I had been wanting and planning to spend the day at the pumpkin regatta (people carve out GIANT pumpkins, climb inside, and use them as boats to race across a lake) but unfortunately the weather had other plans.  We had probably the wettest day of the year yesterday and after spending an hour out in it for Merrick's soccer game, I just couldn't do more of it.

Plan B, after the regatta was a bust, was bowling.  I don't think we have been bowling since Carrigan was just barely walking so this was the first time for her to really get to experience it.  We ended up renting a lane for two hours, putting the bumpers up, and just having a blast.  Carrigan still wasn't able to get the ball down all on her own so Jeremy, Merrick, and I took turns helping her.  It was a fun way to spend the afternoon and I was pleased to be able to stay dry.

After bowling, Jeremy and I went out to dinner.  We ended up cutting our date night short because my parents' (who had the kids) power went out, but it was still nice to get to have a little time alone together.

While I am not overly thrilled to be a year older, it was a great birthday.  I am so grateful for my family, friends, and those I love who made me feel special yesterday and who support me year round.






1 comment: