Sunday, October 8, 2017

Harvest Party

I am going to be brief today.  I have a literal mountain of laundry to be folded, dished to be done, and this prego mama really wants a nap.  The highlight of this week was last night's harvest party.  As is tradition for our ward, we gathered at one of our member's "barn" (likely not like the kind of barn you are thinking of) for a chili cook off, hay rides, and games and face painting for the the kids.  The kids are also spoiled to be able to play on their trampoline, swing set, volleyball court, and zip line.  Needless to say the kids look forward to this every year.

This year the highlight for me was they kid's face painting.  They both, but particularly Merrick, knew just what they wanted and would settle for nothing less.



The other exciting thing was that my white bean, chicken chili won the award for the most "lip smackenest chili".  I guess that makes up for last year when I was robbed.

1 comment: