Sunday, July 16, 2017

Parade With A Crunch

Every year West Linn has an Old Time Fair and as part of the fair they have a parade.  My kids always love going to the parade because they always make out like bandits on the candy front.  This year, however, my kids didn't get much candy.  That is because instead of standing on the sidelines, they were part of the action.

I am not sure why I have never thought of it before, but this year it occurred to me that the preschool should march in the parade.  I gathered a few families, got our preschool banner and some candy.  Together we marched, rolled, and rode along the course.  It is too early to tell what kind of advertising effect it will have, but I definitely did hear people on the sidelines talking about us.



The only downside of the parade (and where the "crunch" part of the title comes in) is that when I arrived at the parade, I pulled into a parking space and was just gathering my things when I got sideswiped by a school bus.  He had been parked behind me and was attempting to pull out and do a u-turn but didn't quite make it.  Thankfully he stopped and appears to be taking full responsibility, but now we have to go through all the hassle of making the claim and getting the repairs.  Definitely a downer.

No comments:

Post a Comment