Sunday, March 19, 2017

Toothless Joe

This week has been busy, not interestingly busy, just busy.  I have been helping on Merrick's school yearbook and that has taken up any spare minutes I have.  I considered skipping today's blog because I didn't feel like I had anything important to say, but in looking over my posts from the last few weeks I realized I had never had time to write about something really important, our Toothless Joe.

I remember that when Merrick was a baby he was really late in getting his teeth.  Once they did start coming it seems like they all came at once.  Apparently that is our plan for losing our baby teeth as well (at least the all at once part).  It seems like for the last several months Merrick always has a loose tooth.  Once it finally falls out, another is loose.

A couple of weeks ago one of his top, front teeth became loose.  Eventually that tooth came out and it wasn't two days later before he was telling me the other one was loose.  This time it was ready to come out really quickly and I think Merrick was ready to be done with the loose tooth thing.  I was in the kitchen when he came in with a piece of floss tied around a nerf bullet.  He asked me to tie the other end to his tooth.  Obviously I could see right away were we were going with this and I didn't think it would work but I also didn't think it would hurt anything so I agreed.

After many, many attempts that tooth still wasn't out and he gave up and asked me to take off the floss.  Unfortunately that was easier said than done.  The floss was wedged and was only coming out with the tooth.

Our second idea was to tie the floss around a door handle...(I am sure you can figure out the rest).  That worked.  Now we have a boy with a very wholly mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment