Sunday, February 19, 2017

Valentine's Day and More

This was a fun-filled week.  We had Valentine's Day on Tuesday with a Valentine's Day party in preschool on Monday and parties both in preschool and in Merrick's class on Tuesday.  On top of the parties, I did my best to make the day special for the the kids.  Merrick got a Valentine's Day themed lunch at school and that evening we went with our traditional heart shaped pizza.  Carrigan also helped me make dipped Oreos for dessert (she did the sprinkles).




Despite the fact that I told him not to, Jeremy came home with flowers.  He knows that roses are not my favorite and went above and beyond to find me something different.  After dinner we had our 4th annual "love hunt".  Carrigan is really starting to get what the scavenger hunt is all about and really got into it this year.  After the clues led the kids all around the house, they finally found their Valentine's Day surprise hiding in our shower.








In addition to my flowers, I got a new band for my Fitbit and, thanks to my parents, Jeremy and I got to go out on a special date.

Valentine's Day was just about perfect but the week's fun wasn't done yet.  Yesterday we drove down to Salem to spend the day with the Eyestones.  In the afternoon we went to the Children's Museum (which it turns out we get into free with our OMSI membership).  The kids particularly enjoyed the outdoor play area.  We will definitely have to go back again.


In the evening, the adults went out on a date.  We went to this restaurant/bar that not only has amazing food but has classic arcade games as well.  After stuffing ourselves, we played pac man, pinball, air hockey and other classics.  It was another blast of a day with the Eyestones.

No comments:

Post a Comment