Sunday, February 12, 2017

Harry Potter Night

I think I have written a blog before that was titled something along the lines of "my city is better than your city".  When it may not have been very nice, but I stand by it.  This Friday our library held a "Harry Potter Night".  Since Merrick recently has gotten into Harry Potter we decided to go and see what it was all about.

I was shocked by the time, effort, and money put forth for this event.  To start out with, every child got their own, individually named, wand.  Then they went through the "wall" on Platform 9 3/4 to make it to Hogwarts.  Once at Hogwarts, they were sorted into houses.  Merrick was in Hufflepuff and Carrigan in Ravenclaw.  After sorting, everyone was given a welcome packet for their house, a map, and told to go to class.

  






The classes were all over the library and included potions, quidditch, transfiguration, levitation, test of knowledge, hunting for magical beasts and wizards, and others.  I think it is impossible to oversell how awesome the night was.  Jeremy and I left asking what their budget could possibly have been for such a night and the pictures do not do it justice.





Truth be told, this was a make up night because the original night was snowed out.  I am so happy it was because, had it not been, we would have missed it.  I am so glad we didn't!

1 comment: