Sunday, July 10, 2016

Summer Week 4

This week we still had Kai through Wednesday and so we tried to cram in as much fun as possible before he went home.

The excitement started with the 4th of July, despite the fact that that feels like ages ago already.  In the morning we had a ward pancake breakfast and the kids all decorated there bikes and scooters and put on a parade.  After the breakfast we went to Memorial park in Wilsonville (where we took our last family pictures) so the kids could play.  Later that night we had dinner at Brendon and Rachel's house and then went to see fireworks.  The only bummer part of the day was that is stays light in Oregon until 10pm in the summer so the fireworks didn't even start until 10:15.  It was a really late night for the kids.




Another highlight from the week was picking blueberries.  Before we moved here I didn't even think I liked blueberries, but I just had never tasted the real thing.  It turns out fresh blueberries are amazing!  So this week we went to a local farm and picked 10lbs.  If you are not sure how many blueberries it takes to make 10lbs, let me assure you that it is a lot.

My favorite part of the week though was going to "Creature Feature" at the library.  It was this awesome reptile show where the kids got to see a "talking" lizard (it has a voice box), a gila monster, a komodo dragon, rattlesnakes, cobras, and pythons.  They even got to hold a 13 foot python and pet an alligator.  We had not planned on going to the show and decided last minute to go.  I am glad we did because, like I said, it was the highlight of a great week for me.  Oh,and we had to pet Otto the library dog before we went home because what visit to the library would be complete without that.














All that fun and I didn't even mention the movies, lego store, and birthday party.  Now Kai has gone home and I have set the bar pretty high for fun.  Let's see what next week has in store.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment