Sunday, February 7, 2016

Mr. Bear

This week we have all been fighting off varying degrees of sickness.  As the weekend approached, I had planned on a very low-key weekend consisting of lots of Netflix and Hulu.  Unfortunately my plan was foiled when I went to help in Merrick's class on Thursday and his teacher told me that Merrick is "star of the week" next week.  That means that this weekend we had to create a poster about him for him to take to school and display.  It also meant that we had Mr. Bear (the class mascot) for the weekend.  We had to take pictures of our time with Mr. Bear and then Merrick had to journal about it.  So much for my weekend on the couch.

We started out the weekend strong.  We took Mr. Bear skateboarding and riding Heely's.  We read to Mr. Bear, worked on our poster with Mr. Bear, and went produce shopping with Mr. Bear.  We went to the library and Lego club.







We had plans to go to a really cool winter light festival downtown in the evening, but we all hit the wall.  Instead we went home and worked on our Valentines with Mr. Bear.

The finish projects turned out well.  I am not including pictures of our pages from the journal as they are the same as the pics above but with captions.  Instead I am including the cover page of the journal and Merrick's finished poster.


So this weekend is in the books.  Maybe next weekend will be the relaxing one I was hoping for.

No comments:

Post a Comment