Sunday, January 24, 2016

Adventures in Potty Training: Carrigan Edition

This week we started potty training with Carrigan.  Last weekend was a long weekend (perfect for potty training) with Monday being MLK Day and on Friday I realized we were completely out of diapers so I asked Carrigan, in a very leading way, if she wanted to stop the fun times she was having playing and go to the store to buy more diapers or if we should be a big girl and start using the potty.  She declared that we should go buy more diapers.  So we did and I gave up on using the weekend to bite the potty training bullet.  On Monday afternoon we got home from running some errands and Merrick said he needed to go potty.  The next thing I know, CC has taken off her diaper and gone potty on the potty and wants to put on her big girl underwear.  So, in true CC fashion, we started potty training on Monday afternoon, heading into a long week full of responsibilities and places to go rather than at the start of a relatively free long weekend.

We are now almost a week in.  I remember with Merrick that about a week in I was ready to throw in the towel and feeling like it would never happen.  With Carrigan though, the future is looking pretty bright.  That is not to say we have not had our fair share of accidents.  When we put on pants we seem to forget that we don't have a diaper on anymore, but when we are home and she can run around in her underwear, she does awesome!  I don't think we have had an accident at home since Tuesday and that is heavenly.

I am sure for most of you reading this it is TMI, but for me, potty training is the single hardest task of parenthood I have faced thus far and when we have had this kind of progress, I can't help but shout it from the rooftops.

And, since I don't have any potty training pics (for obvious reasons), I will share these pictures from the kids trip to the dentist this week.  They both did great and no cavities!

No comments:

Post a Comment