Sunday, August 2, 2015

Saturday Adventures

When Jeremy was in law school Saturdays were an interesting thing.  Most people really look forward to the weekend as a time to relax and do something you enjoy, but while he was in school, the weekend was a time to cram and catch-up (and once in a blue moon, get a jump on the next week).  Since he graduated that is one thing I have really enjoyed, and no longer taken for granted, having Saturdays together.

Yesterday was no exception and despite the hot weather we continue to have, we were determined to still have a great day as a family.  I had read about this activity online in Oregon City, the next town over.  It was a scavenger hunt where you visited spots downtown, learned about the history and first settlers and eventually found gold.  I will say that the description online was a little misleading, the prizes along the way turned out to be stamps (is it just me or is that not a prize????).  Anyway, it was still fun and Merrick was seriously impressed by the little glass bottle of Gold he got at the very end.  For my part I really enjoyed learning about some of Oregon's history and when I complained about some of the "prizes" Jeremy reminded me that knowledge is the best prize I could have gotten.  It is lucky for me I have him around to remind me of such things.



After the scavenger hunt we had lunch and went to the farmer's market before ending up at a park to get our passport stamp.  I don't think I have talked about our city's summer passport activity yet, but that is a subject for another day.  In the meantime you will just have to settle for a picture of Jeremy and CC on the trail in search of the illusive (and by that I mean we never found it) stamp.

And just like, another fun-filled Oregon summer day was in the books.  Have I mentioned yet how much I love it here (like a million times).

No comments:

Post a Comment