Sunday, August 23, 2015

Lessons From Babes

I have been a little tender-hearted this week.  Over the last week and a half or so several of those that I know and care about have experienced loss, loss of a husband, loss of a mother, loss of a son, loss of a marriage.  I have been struck by the fragility of life and struggled to know how to support those around me.  The answer was explained to me loud and clear today  by my 5-year-old son.  He came out of church with a picture that he had drawn for his papa who has been very sick.  It is a picture of the two of them and Merrick is kneeling and praying for his papa to get better.  And just like that, there is the answer, prayer and love, the kind of love that drives you to sincerely pray for another.  I am so blessed to be that little boy's mother and for all of you who love me with that kind of love.  So thank you and love to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment