Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

This past Thursday was Thanksgiving and this year, as always, we have a lot to be thankful for.  If you have read this blog for any amount of time you probably already know my love for Thanksgiving.  One of the main reasons for this is because of its focus on the family and this year I felt that in a different way than before.  This year, almost all of our extended family was away, Jeremy's whole family, my parents and both of my sisters' families.  That just left us and Brendon's family to have Thanksgiving dinner together and it was really great, but just a small portion of the time we had off work over the last several days.  That meant that the time left to spend together and focus on the family was just us, our little family, Jeremy, Sarah, Merrick, and Carrigan.  Let me just say, I really love my family!  That isn't to say that we didn't miss those who were not here, because we did, it was just nice to strengthen those closest ties.

Anyway, after that tangent that hopefully made at least a little bit of sense, let me tell you a few other things about our Thanksgiving holiday.  First and foremost, the food was delicious, I mean amazingly good.  Secondly,  we were able to do some great Black Friday shopping, mostly online with one quick trip to Wal-Mart on Thursday evening.  I feel like we outdid ourselves this year and not only got some amazing deals, but essentially finished our Christmas shopping (hooray!).




Tomorrow it is back to the real world, but the countdown to Christmas has begun and the time is going to fly.

P.S. Jeremy took this picture of Merrick at dinner last night.  Either he was really excited about his ice cream sundae or he was trying to channel his Nana and Papa in India (is that racist???).

No comments:

Post a Comment