Sunday, October 26, 2014

Sarah Turns an Undisclosed Age

This week, as my mom would say, I turned twenty nine and some months.  I felt the love of family and friends near and far who called, texted, sent cards, and Facebook messages.  I was asked countless times if I had a good birthday and I did, but really when you have kids (and a job) your birthday, in many ways, is just like any other days.  I took Merrick to preschool, watched my niece and nephew, ran errands, pretty much the usual.

Once Jeremy got home from work, he did his best to make the day special.  We had a special dinner (ribs and delicata squash), opened gifts (I got some new sweaters for the impending cold), and my card from Merrick (which was the highlight of the day).  After we put the kids to bed Jeremy and I watched a romantic comedy and ate really expensive desserts from a French bakery.  It really was a good day.




What I was really looking forward to though was the weekend when Jeremy and I had planned to get a babysitter (this is groundbreaking for us) and go out to celebrate.

Saturday, our big date night, finally came around.  And despite almost being foiled by gale force winds and super slow people at the AT&T store, we did make it to our date.  We ended up going downtown to this place we have never been before called Punch Bowl Social.  It is in the mall, but since the mall is downtown they built it up rather than out so it is a 4 story ring with escalators in the middle.  Punch Bowl Social takes up the entire third flour.  It is this super awesome behemoth of a place with a restaurant, bowling, retro arcade games, darts, karaoke, marbles, shuffleboard, and probably lots of other things I am forgetting.  We ate dinner first and bowled after that.  It was a great time.  The food was fantastic, as was the atmosphere.  It was out of the ordinary for us, but in really good way and I hope to go back sometime soon.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment