Sunday, October 19, 2014

I Simply Remember My Favorite Things...

I know that I am preaching to the choir to many of you who read this blog, but looking for a job is really discouraging.  It is hard to wait for good job posting to come up and when they do to be passed over.  Jeremy has had a particularly hard week this week as we continue to struggle through the uphill battle of finding our first, post-law school attorney job.

For my part, I have been really blessed this week.  I have had little reminders all week of how many good things I have in my life and it is hard to feel down for too long when you are surrounded by so much happy.   Much like Maria from the Sound of Music "I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don't feel so bad".

I thought today I would share some of my happy moments with you.

The weather is still inexplicably good and that provided time for a stroll through the "park forest" with my littles.



It also allowed for a family walk/bike ride.  My sweet, tender heart Merrick picked flowers for each member of the family along the way.


I was also spoiled by my husband who took the kids pretty much all Saturday so I could go the church and craft.  I was working on this really fun "25 days of Christ" ornament project for Christmas and while I still have lots more to do, was able to get everything painted.

Then I came home to flower and candy for an early birthday treat.

Lastly, there is Carrigan with her shoe fetish.  She just loves shoes, whether they are her own or Daddy's.  How cute is she???




See what I mean?  It is difficulty  to stay down for too long when I have so much to be positive about.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment