Sunday, August 10, 2014

9 Years

This week marked Jeremy and my 9th wedding anniversary.  We decided a while back that since our actual anniversary was on a Tuesday, that we would wait until the weekend to celebrate.  Unfortunately, the river cruise we were going to go on got canceled so that led to the exciting time of deciding on Monday evening to go on Tuesday after all and finding a new babysitter when our current one couldn't do Tuesday (all while dealing with the gas company and a gas leak at my parent's house).

I wish I could say that was the end of the craziness and we were able to relax and enjoy our anniversary together, but we have decided that we are cursed when it comes to celebrating Valentines' Day or our anniversary.  In case you didn't know, we are currently in the process of job hunting, replacing a car that died and in the mean time limping by with one car, and moving.  Of course Tuesday also had to be the day we found a washer and dryer on craigslist for our new house and had to try to find a truck and helpers to help us get it moved and convince the sellers not to sell it to someone else while we called in every favor imaginable and fought rush hour traffic trying to get home from our cruise.  Not the best anniversary date in history.

Here is what I learned from the day:

*Life is crazy and often sucks, even on special days like your anniversary.
*It is in the middle of all that suckiness that people show who they really are.
*Even when life is hard, and I can't remember the last time it wasn't for us, Jeremy is always there.
*He is my best friend, my rock, and my hero
*I am so grateful I get to spend forever with him




No comments:

Post a Comment