Sunday, June 29, 2014

Let's go to the Mall- Arizona Vacation Part II

After spending a week and a half in Arizona, all I really have to say is that Arizona is hot, really hot.  We spent the entirety of our vacation trying in vain to stay cool so here are some of the consequences of the heat:

Consequence 1: The whole reason I stayed behind in AZ for an extra week was so that I could get some projects done on our Arizona house.  I had a game plan of exactly what I wanted to do while I was there, but as soon as I stepped off the plane and into that heat it all went out the window.  My drive and ambition literally melted and I got next to nothing done.

Consequence 2: CC got sick.  We don't really know the cause, but we assume the heat was to blame.  She threw up everyday from Sunday-Thursday.  Mostly she would keep little bits of food and drink down, but if I nursed her (which she won't go to sleep without), it would curdle in her stomach and she would throw up.

Consequence 2B: CC spent a good chunk of the week in a diaper and nothing else in an effort to stay cool.

Consequence 3: We were desperate to find things to do that were inside and out of the heat.  It turns out the the list of things to do that fit that criteria is very small.  You can go out to eat, go to the movies, or go to the mall and that is about it.  I feel like as the week went on that we were on a mall tour.  We visited just about every mall so the kids could play and we could stay cool.  My favorite was the play place "Architecture Kids" at Scottsdale Fashion Square Mall.  I posted about it several years ago when I took Merrick and my nephew Kai there, but here are some new pictures for your viewing pleasure.




Eventually it was time to come home.  We survived the heat, CC stopped throwing up, and we can once again go outside without our faces melting off.  I love and miss lots of people in Arizona, but I am more than happy to be home.



No comments:

Post a Comment