Sunday, May 25, 2014

Graduation!!!!

I don't even know where to start this weeks blog.  This week has been so crazy (in a good way).  We took family pictures, Jeremy's parents and Emily and Kai came to town, Jeremy graduated from law school, and we had Carrigan's first birthday party.  I guess I will take this on the same way you eat an elephant (one piece at a time).  I would go in chronological order, but we have not gotten all our family pictures back from the photographer yet so I will skip ahead to graduation.

This weekend was the weekend we have been dreaming about for the last three years.  Jeremy finally graduated from law school!!!  Words fail me when I try to express how proud of him I am.  All I can say is  law school is hard and it is harder when you have a family, kids, and a whole list of other responsibilities.  He did an amazing job of juggling it all.

The ceremony itself was really nice.  The speaker was Judge Goodwin Lui from the California State Supreme Court.  He gave a speech about the failures he has experienced in his life and what he has learned from them.  It was really inspiring.

When they called Jeremy's name I was overcome with emotions.  I was shaking (hence the blurry pictures) and became choked up.  Like I said, words fail me.  I just don't think I have ever been so proud in my life.














 Afterwards they had a little celebration for all the kids of the law school graduates.  It was really sweet and the kids all really enjoyed getting to be the center of attention and get a little certificate and stuffed doggy.  Once we were done at the law school we went to the park to have a family celebration.  The weather was beautiful, the food was good, the company was great.  There were three years of build up to this day, but it did not disappoint.








No comments:

Post a Comment