Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter 2014

Today is Easter and I am so full of the Spirit of love and thanksgiving.  I am so grateful for my Savior and my knowledge that He lives and because He lives, so will I.  I have so thoroughly enjoyed spending extra time today talking with Merrick about Christ.  Every time I do, I watch him just soak up the information.  I see that he gets it and it make sense to his sweet, pure spirit and I know that is because it is true.  It strengthens my faith every time.

As a whole, it has been a great Easter.  We started celebrating yesterday since we try to keep most of the secular stuff the day before.  In the morning we took the kids to the city Easter egg hunt.  They had an Easter bunny and Merrick wanted to have his picture taken with him, but Carrigan wanted no part of it.  Later on we had the fam over for an Easter egg hunt, movie, and take-out.  Everyone had a great time.

Today we did start out the day by opening our Easter baskets (after we found them...silly Easter bunny), but then tried to spend the remainder of the day focusing on the real reason for Easter.  I found this fun little picture of a bunny that listed the Christlike attributes of a "real Easter bunny" and it had a scripture to go along with each attribute.  I cut it up into pieces like a puzzle and hid the pieces for Merrick to find.  Once he found all the pieces, we put the puzzle together, read the attributes, and the scriptures.  After church, the family all got together again for dinner.  We had a non-traditional/traditional for our family dinner of sourdough pancakes.

We really could not have asked for a better Easter.  We are truly blessed.














No comments:

Post a Comment